Join HCCC for the eighth annual HANDS-ON HOUSTON FAMILY FESTIVAL, a free community event. Families and visitors of all ages are invited to this fun day of indoor/outdoor activities. This year, HCCC celebrates the use of color in craft with hands-on activities, demonstrations by local artists, and more.
- Learn a variety of techniques for adding color to craft mediums
- Have fun with hands-on activities:
- Design and glaze your own ceramic tile with ClayHouston
- Join the Houston Handweavers Guild to dye fabric using natural materials from the Craft Garden
- Make your own sheet of marbled paper
- Join current resident artist Eunsil Leem to learn about patina techniques
- Learn about experimental dyeing techniques with local fashion designer Isabel Wilson
- View the fall exhibitions, CraftTexas 2018 and After Memphis: Crafted Postmodern
- Shop for one-of-a-kind gifts and home décor in the Asher Gallery
- Enjoy food and refreshments on site from Gypsy Wagon and GoodPop
THANKS TO OUR IN-KIND SPONSORS!
Dal-Tile – ceramic tiles
AMACO – glazes
Goodpop – popsicles
The HCCC parking lot will be blocked off for activities and food trucks, but street parking is available nearby.
The HANDS-ON HOUSTON FAMILY FESTIVAL is a super-sized version of HANDS-ON HOUSTON, a free craft-activity open house at HCCC on the first Saturday of every month (11 AM – 3 PM). Each month, a teaching artist demonstrates a craft related to current exhibitions and events. Families and children of all ages are welcome, and materials are provided.