Get ready to enjoy a free day in the Houston Museum District on Saturday, September 15. Museum District Day will feature fascinating exhibitions, hands-on activities, demonstrations and performances throughout the day. Eighteen museums will waive their general admission fee to offer the community the opportunity to enjoy the District’s diverse displays of art, science, nature and history.
- Plan ahead! Ride the METRORail for FREE into the district or park and WALK the 4 zones.
- This year, the District will offer free pedi-cabs instead of shuttle-bus service.
- There is a downloadable day-of-event flyer available on the Houston Museum District website (houstonmuseumdistrict.org). It includes a map of the four zones, details on the day’s special events, food and drink locations, and other important information.
- There will be food trucks throughout the district with food and drinks for sale.
- If you can’t make it out on Museum District Day, remember that 11 of the district’s institutions are free every day and all the others have dedicated free times. There’s something new EVERY DAY!
- For full details and a list of participating museums, visit www.houstonmuseumdistrict.org.
- This year, the District will offer free pedi-cabs instead of shuttle-bus service. For full details and a list of participating museums, visit www.houstonmuseumdistrict.org.
At HCCC, visitors will enjoy the Annual Gathering of the Guilds. Stop by to meet local artists and watch craft demonstrations all day. This year’s event will feature demos by the following artist guilds:
- Clear Lake Basket Weavers Guild
- Contemporary Handweavers of Houston
- Gulf Coast Woodturners Association
- Houston Area Blacksmiths Association
- Houston Area Fiber Artists
- Houston Calligraphy Guild
- Houston Metal Arts Guild
- Houston Polymer Clay Guild
- MOSAICO – Society of Houston Mosaic Artists
- Quilt Guild of Greater Houston
- Texas Association of Original Doll Artists
- Woodworkers Club of Houston
Note: On September 15, visitors to HCCC should be aware of special No Parking restrictions on Travis and Rosedale Streets that border HCCC. Make sure to check for signage on these and other neighborhood streets in the area before parking.