Join HCCC from home to explore craft artists, exhibitions, hands-on activities, and more! Discover how you can stay connected with HCCC virtually, through a variety of content for all ages.
New content is posted on Facebook and Instagram every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Join us for fun art-making projects you can do at home, exclusive exhibition content, and studio tours with local artists, resident artist features, and more.
We are excited to bring HCCC into your homes! Check out the archive of our virtual content below, and share your creations with #craftwithhccc or tag us at @crafthouston. Please share your thoughts and feedback with us at email@example.com.
**MAKE** your own craft projects at home, through short videos created by our education team. Simple making projects, such as homemade playdough, marbled paper, and weaving bookmarks, are fun and easy for the whole family to do.
- Weave a Bookmark
- Make Garden Markers
- Make Naturally Dyed Easter Eggs
- Make Your Own Fabric Mask
- Make Nature Trading Cards
- Create Natural Playdough
- Create Land Art
- Make Cardboard Garlands
- Make Marbled Paper
- Clone a Plant
- Create a One-Page Zine
- Create Rust-Dyed Fabric
- Eco-Print with Rust-Dyed Fabric
- Tattoo a Banana
- Create Your Own Sketchbook
Grow a Pineapple
Create Multiple Prints through Scratch-Foam Printing
Create Fun Refrigerator-Magnet Frames
Create Whimsical Cardboard Masks
Make Pressed Flowers
Create Yarn-Wrapped Letters
**EXPLORE** special insights and behind-the-scenes videos related to our exhibitions and featured artists, led by our curatorial staff.
- Explore Aya Kakeda’s Zine, “Shape of Things”
- Tour “In Residence: 12th Edition” at HCCC
- Watch the Installation of Casey Curran’s “Anchor of Janus”
- Tour Our Winter Exhibitions (created for Glasstire’s Five-Minute Tours series)
- Explore Casey Curran’s “Dark Garden”
- Tour the Exhibition, “Drawn to the Work”
- Up-Close Look at “Pot Pourri le Dog” by Aurélie Guillaume
Examine Sophie Glenn’s “Moonstruck” Table
Behind the Scenes: “Meta-Formation: New Connections in Contemporary Blacksmithing”
Wayback Wednesday: “Light Charmer: Neon and Plasma in Action”
**LEARN** about craft processes and how artists make through studio tours of HCCC’s resident artists, staff, and other members of the craft community.
- Joyce Lin Talks About Making Medical Supplies At TX/RX Labs
- Tour Sandie Zilker’s Studio
- Tour Corey Ackelmire & Nathan Dube’s Studio
- Studio Update from Fiber Artist Tim Gonchoroff
- Tour HCCC Education + Program Manager Tarina Frank’s Studio
- Studio Update from Ceramicist Nicolle LaMere
Tar-Gel Etching with Margaret Craig
Tour Angel Oloshove’s “Big Red Barn” Studio
Vinyl Collage with Tim Gonchoroff
Virtual Artist Talks with Lauren Eckert & Brian Vu
Please help us continue to provide virtual educational programming, free to the public, during this challenging time by making a donation below. Thank you.