INTRODUCING SUMMER CRAFT CAMPS AT HCCC!
Session 1, Ages 5 – 8:
Monday, June 11 – Friday, June 15 (9:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
Session 2, Ages 9 – 12:
Monday, June 25 – Friday, June 29 (9:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
Session 3, Ages 5 – 8:
Monday, July 9 – Friday, July 13 (9:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
Session 4, Ages 9 – 12:
Monday, July 23 – Friday, July 27 (9:00 AM – 2:00 PM)
Non-Members: $250 (per child, per session)
HCCC Members: $215 (per child, per session) Use coupon code “CRAFTCAMP” at checkout.
To become a member, click here.
This summer, Houston Center for Contemporary Craft presents four, week-long craft camps for kids, ages 5 – 8 and 9 – 12. Craft Camp is designed to encourage creativity, experimentation, and self- expression, while introducing kids to a variety of craft materials and processes. Campers will practice critical thinking skills through conversations with teaching artists and learning how to look at and talk about works of art. Through individual and group projects in the galleries and Craft Garden, kids will work with materials such as clay, fiber, and metal.
Campers will begin the week by making their own sketchbooks and exploring the resident artists’ studios. Each day includes time in the galleries, an hour lunch break, and hands-on studio projects, including printing on fabric, weaving, and making clay figurines. The week culminates in a mini-exhibition opening, where friends and family can view the kids’ completed works of art!
Craft Camp Information
* Craft Camp begins promptly at 9:00 AM and ends at 2:00 PM. Drop-off begins at 8:30 AM, and pick-up ends at 2:30 PM.
* Campers must pack a nut-free lunch to eat during the supervised lunch break. A daily snack will be provided.
All materials, one camp T-shirt, and daily snack is included in the registration fee. (Kids must wear their camp T-shirt throughout the week; registrants will have the opportunity to purchase a second shirt in advance.)
* Sessions 3 and 4 will cover the same projects as Sessions 1 and 2.
* Space is limited, and pre-registration is required. Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis.
* Online registration begins February 1, 2018, at 10:00 AM.
* Registration is only available online. For technical help, please contact the HCCC Education Department at 713-529-4848 ext. 112 or email@example.com.
* Please note that additional information for campers will be collected following the registration process.
* Craft Camp is designed for children ages 5 and older as of the beginning of the camp dates. Children of ages 4 and under will not be admitted.
Camp sessions are subject to cancellation or change by HCCC, due to low enrollment. Registrants will be notified 14 days in advance if the session is cancelled. If registrants need to cancel their reservation, they will receive a full refund, if they do so 14 days or more in advance of the session start date. No refunds will be made for cancellations made less than 14 days in advance of the start date. Registrants should notify HCCC immediately of cancellation, so that children on the waiting list may attend in their place.